Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Oriental Chicken and Noodles

  What do I do for supper?  We all have those kinds of days...where you haven't planned anything, it's been a long day, you have homework to help with, make sure laundry is done, etc.  This quick little meal requires few ingredients and little prep.  Perfect for a busy mom (or dad) to fix.  

Now Matt and I just quickly through some ingredients we had on hand together for this meal, and we enjoyed it so much that it will become a go to for those "what do I fix now" meals. 

**First of all, we buy the tenderloins (not the big breast pieces) from Sam's Club.  
No, they aren't organic/range-free/or whatever else.  
They are small pieces, taste good, and are affordable. :)

The only other ingredients you need are pictured here:


What to do:

Cut the chicken up into bite size pieces.

Place it into an electric skillet (350) with a little stir fry oil (canola oil, coconut oil, etc.) will also work.

After your chicken is cooked thoroughly, add your noodles.

Add your noodles to your chicken.   We used Udon Noodles.  They take little time to cook.
When they are heated through, add your Oriental Sauce.

*Side note--I think when I will no longer buy many marinades from the grocery store.  Too much corn syrup!  I've noticed that most of the oriental sauces have less ingredients, and no corn syrups. I really like the flavor  to them, when I can't come up with my own marinades.

The sauce we used was a Stir-Fry Sauce made by East-West.  

And it's that quick!  That simple! That delicious!
Now I'm sure if you're family is a veggie eating family, you will want to add some veggies to the pan with your noodles.  My family isn't much on the veggies, but the kids did enjoy this meal! SO winner in my book!

I do enjoy Sesame Seeds, so I sprinkled some on top of mine. :)


One more thing you could do for this meal...
Do you like BD's Mongolian Grill?

They will bring you tortillas for your meal. 
You can serve your oriental chicken/noodles in whole grain tortillas and pretend you are at BD's. :) 
MUCH cheaper!! :)


I hope you enjoy this quick little meal!




No comments:

Post a Comment